August 1, 2019
Welcome to 4th Grade!
During the month of August, we will get to know each other while establishing classroom expectations and routines. The 4th grade team (Ms. Justis, Mrs. Ottinger, Ms. Malone, and I ) work closely together to help students succeed in all areas of 4th grade. It's going to be a great 2019-2020 school year!
In ELA/Reading class we will be working on lots of reading and writing activities.
We also work closely with Mrs. Ottinger to integrate exciting and interesting Social Studies and Science topics in Reading class.
Reading is at the HEART of everything we do!
This month we will:
1. Review Reading Genres and independent reading assignments/book reports.
2. Read and complete assignments using the novel, Because of Winn-Dixie, by Kate DiCamillo.
3. Review writing complete sentences and paragraphs.
4. Complete DLR's (Daily Language Review) in class.
5. Review types of sentences and sentence structure.
6. Complete assignments in our Reading Journals.
7. Review Vocabulary and Spelling skills.
8. Complete reading comprehension assignments in class and for homework.
Students will fill out their assignment books daily.
If CS is next to an assignment, it was completed at school.
If HW is next to an assignment, it is homework.
Parents, please check and sign your child's assignment book daily.
Assignment Books are great tools for daily school and home communication.
Readers are Leaders!